An B.Sc. (Hons) in Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics graduate with past experience in working in an office like environment and in customer support.Currently am I doing my masters (MSc) in Banking and Finance in Queen Mary University. I have strong communication and time-management skills which I developed through my academic study and progression as well as my past work experiences. Currently seeking a full-time job in the financial or the insurances field at the start of 2021.I have the legal right to work in the U.K as a citizen of the European Union and the permanent leave to remain in the U.K.
- MSc Banking and Finance, Queen Mary University, September 2020 – 2021
- Modules studies there include; Applied Corporate Finance, Commercial and Investment Banking, Investment Management, Quantitative Methods in Finance, Risk Management for Banking.
- Sc (Hons) Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics, Kingston University, September 2014 – 2018
Modules studied there include; Contingencies, Portfolios Investments and Derivatives, Individual Project (Dissertation in methods of pricing the American options), Partial Differential Equations and Optimisation, Financial Management for actuaries, Probability Distributions and Survival and Stochastic Models, Portfolio Management and Derivatives.
- Foundation Degree in science, Kingston University.
Modules studied include: Technical Investigation and Skills, Mathematics, Computer Programing (Visual Basic), Microsoft Office.
- Greek Apolytirion, Agia Paraskevi 4th High School, Athens
Overall grade 17.5 out of 20
Medical Arrow, co-founder March 2019 – present
Medical Arrow is the first multilingual online platform that is built completely by professionals and it aims to normalise medical tourism in Greece but also to achieve global recognition.
- Create and present the company pitch-deck and business model canvas to possible angel investors or private equity facilitators. Currently taking part in two competitions on behalf of Medical Arrow.
- Currently assisting in securing partnerships with hospitals or private health clinics (10 partnerships exist already with hospitals of international scale).
Dixons Group November 2017 – present
- I am in charge of keeping an accounting booklet and filling in the lodgement sent to the bank, every day.
- Customer support, assisting with customer inquiries and solving any issues the customers may have in regards to their handset or their insurance.
- Made sure to pass all the compliance modules for the insurance and pass all the tests necessary before the due dates.
- Selling products (handsets, contracts, insurance, accessories and broadband)
- Stayed on top of my targets consistently by selling 60 phone contracts per month, 35% insurance attachment and at least 8 broadbands per month.
- In the time I worked at Carphone Warehouse I have received 10 certificates for exceeding my monthly targets and I have never received a feedback score from a customer that is less than 9/10.
- I am responsible for the store whenever the manager is unavailable by making sure that the store is meeting it’s deadlines in regards to sending customers phones for repair, sending back other faulty phones or accessories, completing a mandatory safe check every 2 days to verify that all the products are in stock.
IASO private general, Obstetric- Gynaecological & Paediatrics Clinic- Diagnostic, Therapeutic & Research Center S.A., June 2013 – September 2013
- Submission of inpatients and outpatients in the National Organisation of Health Care Services (EOPYY)
- Administration of the admission process and discharges notes
- Customer Support, answering queries and solving any issues customers may have.
- This experience has allowed me to develop good communication and time managing skills in order to meet deadlines to ensure the functionality of the hospital’s admission system.
- Always kept up with the daily target of submitting 200 applications a day.
- Was responsible for reviewing employee payroll and processing remuneration
- Assisted with various projects by conducting profitability tests (N.P.V, Cost-Benefit Analysis, etc.) and presenting the to the manager responsible for the project.
- Conducted a Cost-Benefit analysis on the profitability of changing the physical health records to Electronic Health records on a tertiary care hospital in Greece that I later presented to the project manager successfully.
Training and Workshops
- Web-seminar “Deep Learning Advanced: Generative Method for Risk Factor Modelling and Model Validation.” From the European Actuarial academy (EAA) on the 20thof May 2020, 10:00 – 12:00 CEST.
- AA Webinar Series “Machine Learning – Selected Masterpieces”. From the European Actuarial academy (EAA) on 7, 14 and 21 September 2020. 10:00 – 12:00 CEST.
- Virtual Maxwell Analysis seminar “Local Dissipation of Energy for Continuous Incompressible Euler Flows.” From Dr. Phil Isett (Caltech), on Friday the 2nd of October 2020, 15.00 CEST.
- Web-seminar “Correction: Carfiff Analysis and PDE seminar.” Abstract: “The question of whether there exists an approximation procedure to compute the resonances of any Helmholtz resonator, regardless of its particular shape, is addressed.”. From Dr. Frank Rösler (Cardiff)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Microsoft Access and Outlook.
- Proficient in S.A.S, Visual Basic, FORTRAN, Maple. Also currently receiving lectures on Python and C++ from Queen Mary University.
- Fluent in Greek (Native), English.
- A2 degree in French, which I had been studying for 2 years.
- I attended a Japanese course provided by Kingston university for 3 years in which time I learnt how to hold a conversation, how to read and write.
- I am part of a team called “Mybabycare”, who have created a virtual platform that allows doctors to put information on, such as all the necessary health documents that a newborn might need building all the way up to a full medical record for adults adjusted to the requirements of HL7/FHIR (IPS), but also simpler things such as medical records, vaccination reminders, doctor’s appointments, medical examination results, etc. I also assisted the team by doing some viability tests including a net present value approximation and some research on Metrics and KPIs used by insurance companies for the possibility of expanding the functions of the application.
- My main goal is to become a fellow actuary by passing all the necessary examinations from the Faculty of Actuaries starting from the CM1 examination this September.
- Today’s technology and its advancements in the future.
- Learning a new language allows me to know more about a country’s culture as well as enables me to speak to more people.
- Foreign cuisine has always been an interest of mine.
- I enjoy a variety of genres in music and I used to play the guitar and the piano.
- I like traveling around the world seeing new cities and learning about the history of the countries I travel to.
- I used to be a scout for 2 years in which time I partook in volunteering to various causes in Greece such as helping the elderly in a retirement home, tree plantations or charity work but also got a great first sense of how one works in a team.